Dziś wspaniała osoba, z którą mam dobry kontakt.
Uwielbiam jego zdjęcia i blog! Zapraszam do czytania! :)
Hey! Today, a great person, with whom I have a good relationship.
I love his photos and blog!
I invite You to read, watch and mail me with your collection here:
1. Please, introduce yourself - name, place of origin / residence.
I am Stratos Bacalis, I come from Greece and live in Thessaloniki, its 2nd biggest city.
2. How long do you collect dolls?
I started in 2000, when I bought a Sandy (Grease) Olivia Newton-John doll from Franklin Mint.
3. Since when you did your passion?
I have always been fascinated with dolls, ever since I can remember myself. Fashion became a huge interest in senior high school and I managed to study fashion design and pattern making along with my university studies.
4. Favorite doll company - why exactly this?
I think most of my dolls are Integrity dolls, I love their style and they are within the price range I can still afford. I also love Syarites but their price range makes them unattainable for the time being.
5. Your doll No. 1. Has she always been the first one?
If I have to pick only one, which is very difficult, it would have to be my first one, my Olivia Newton-John as Sandy from Grease from Franklin Mint. In fact I own three of them!
6. Have you achieved everything in the collection? What are your plans for the future?
A collection is never finished! There will always be new exciting dolls waiting to become a part of it. I do have some plans for the future but they are still a bit secret so I cannot tell!
7. What do you like most about your hobby?
Photographing the dolls of my collection is my favourite part.
8. Do you sew, taking pictures, creating furniture?
I take pictures.
9. How many dolls are currently in your collection?
Around 200 I think, I have never counted them all.
10. Did you attend conferences / meetings / doll convents? If so, what do you like most about them?
No never, they usually take place in the US and so I cannot afford the expenses. I would need almost half my yearly salary to do it.
11. If you have a blog/ page etc how long are you writing?
I do have a blog, it started in March of 2007.
Thank you so much STRATOS for sharing your doll story with us! I love your blog and your pictures!
All photos in this post are copyright and courtesy of Stratos Bacalis.